Monday, June 16, 2008

Beate's Challenge #52



I am on vacation today and tomorrow, because my little one turns 10 tomorrow. The plan is to take 4 or 5 of his friends to the water park. We are leaving here at 8:30 in the am--park opens at 10:30, and it is a 2 hour drive--stay all day and come here late tomorrow for cake and ice cream. He is so excited. We have run into a few kinks though. #1-his best friends are off at camp, #2- it may rain, #3- baseball games. I hope it all works out for him. He is so excited. I am fixing to go and finish making his cake. I did have time this a.m. to make this card for Beate's Challenge. It is a very simple design. The only hard part was the water coloring. If you visit my blog much, you know I am a paper piecer, not a colorer. It turned out better than I thought. The cardstock is from Bazzill and the DP is from Daisy D's. The image is from an old Stampin Up set called "Friends". I used my CTMH inks to color. Ya'll have a great day. I close with my usual--Be safe, be healthy, be happy--Hug your loved ones--and by far the most important--God bless ya'll!!!!

6 comments:

Vicki said...

Such an adorable image, another lovely card. Many happy birthday wishes to your little one. Hope you all have a wonderful time. xx vicki xx

mueppi said...

Wow..... was für eine schöne Karte!!!!!!!

Carolyn King said...

ohhh happy birthday to your ds...what a fun day--hope all works out!

Great card--love that image!

Kim said...

You always use the best paper together for combos! I love it! Have fun with the birthday party!
Hugs~ Kim

Tina said...

So pretty.
Hope your day goes as planned and the rain stays away.

Bev said...

Oh I love this card - the image is gorgeous!