Wednesday, January 16, 2008
The bag tag above is something I made for a challenge, but now that I have submitted it, it is going in the mail tomorrow for someone for a RAK. Everything on the bag tag is from my stash, and most are scraps except the brayered paper that is layered over the cardstock. I have the best time making these, and on the back is the name or initial of who gets it. I will post the cards from my friends tomorrow on my post. hope ya'll are fine, and may God bless all!!!
Monday, January 14, 2008
Here's a little card I made for a friend. She needed something she could have and send for any occasion plus thank you's. I cased this card from Brenda Harmless at Inked Art. Everything is CTMH except the ribbon, and it is from Stampin Up. This is a very quick and easy card to make. The paper and cardstock are from the "Life's Delights" paper packet, the stamped letter is from the "Baroque Alphabet" set. I used my corner rounder to scallop the edges of the strip of chocolate cardstock.
Today's encouragemint is:
People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within. -- Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, Swiss psychiatrist, author (1926-2004)
I believe we all have a light from within, although sometimes we let it dim. I myself have decided this year to let my light shine, and hope that I can encourage others to do the same by my actions. Enjoy your week and my God bless ya'll!!!
Thursday, January 10, 2008
I have been tagged by Heidi from Heartfelt Blessings. Here is the questionaire I am to fill out:
1. Name your 2 favorite Scrapbooking topics: My children are number 1, and the kids on the pages I do for others would be #2.
2. What are the 2 best places you've been to? Destin, Florida--the prettiest beaches I have ever seen, and Washington, D. C.--went there with Carre, aka middle child, on a school trip when she was in the 8th grade
3. Name 2 things you do every day: try to talk to each of my kids and make sure they are ok, and one of my cats and I drink coffee each morning with him in my lap while I check my email.
4. Name 2 things that pretty much everyone knows about you: My family is #1 in my life, and I love helping others.
5. What are your 2 favorite stores? at this moment in my like, Stampin Bella and My Favorite Things stamps
6. What are your 2 favorite accessories to stamp/scrap with? Ribbon, and flowers
7. What are your two favorite occasions to make cards for?Friendship and happies just to make someone smile.
8. What two things do alot of people NOT know about me? I cry when I get mad and them I get madder at myself and cry more; #2- I really do not have anything else--I am me everyday of my life, no holding back, and if you see or talk with me today, tomorrow that same person will be there.
I am supposed to tag two people: let's see--------Lynn Put of the Queen's Scene http://thequeensscene.blogspot.com and Jennifer Hodge
Ya'll have a blessed day and I will see ya tomorrow!!!!
Sunday, January 6, 2008
The card is for the CTMH Friends monthly color challenge on yahoo. The colors were Cranberry, Black and Bamboo. The base of the card is black. The cranberry layer I ran through my Cuttlebug "Stylized Flowers" embossing folder and touched up the raised areas with black ink.. The stamps are done in black on Bamboo paper--the scripture is from the "Come Unto Me" stamp set and the flower is from the "Rustic Flowers" stamp set. The ribbon and button are things from my random stash.
I would also like to thank everyone for all the wonderful cards and happies I received over the last few weeks. I will be posting some later this week. Sorry for the long ramblings, but I wanted to catch up with ya'll. I wish for all a great 2008 filled with many blessings of love, happiness, health, wealth, and joy!!! God bless ya'll!!!!