Sunday, January 6, 2008

New Year


My new year began with a lot of work. I was on call 5 out of the six days prior to and on New Years Day. It will lead to a nice paycheck, but it was tiring. I have taken this weekend to recover and get back to normal. I started finally painting Simon's room, and should finish most of it today. My creative juices started flowing last night and I finally did some stamping and card making. I looked up a lot of the challenges that have come out for this month, and started working. I love challenges, because it makes my brain work. I have decided to start a new years tradition on the blog. I belong to a yahoo group called CraftersforChrist and one of the ladies does a daily post of encourgemints. These are quotes and sayings that lift up your spirits, sometimes when you do not even know they are down. I have decided to start a Weekly Encouragemint here. Every Sunday I will add a quote or saying that I feel has given me encouragement this week.


Today's Encouragemint is:

People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone." -- Audrey Hepburn, Adacemnt Award winning actress, humanitarian


Sometimes I feel that I get frustated with people, and give up on them. I am experiencing this at work now with a new person. I forget to look deep into someone's personality. There is always good somewhere, you just may have to wait---patience!!!!

The card is for the CTMH Friends monthly color challenge on yahoo. The colors were Cranberry, Black and Bamboo. The base of the card is black. The cranberry layer I ran through my Cuttlebug "Stylized Flowers" embossing folder and touched up the raised areas with black ink.. The stamps are done in black on Bamboo paper--the scripture is from the "Come Unto Me" stamp set and the flower is from the "Rustic Flowers" stamp set. The ribbon and button are things from my random stash.

I would also like to thank everyone for all the wonderful cards and happies I received over the last few weeks. I will be posting some later this week. Sorry for the long ramblings, but I wanted to catch up with ya'll. I wish for all a great 2008 filled with many blessings of love, happiness, health, wealth, and joy!!! God bless ya'll!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with HeidI what a nice saying. Also what a great Idea to have an encouragement every Sunday! I know sometimes I need it! Oh yah and the card looks great as always!