Sunday, October 21, 2007

Weekly challenge card--Sewing



I did this card for the weekly challenge on Paper Pretties. This week it was a sew challenge. This card stock and background paper are from a kit I have had for some time. The ribbon is from my stash. The stamps are: the girls are from My Favorite Things--Think Pink; the sentiment is from Celebrate Life from CTMH; and the faux stitchings are from Simple Stitches by CTMH. I took my corner rounder and scalloped the edges of the under layer cardstock. Again as usual the clothes on the girls are paper pierced. I just cannot color lately.

We have had a great week and I hope you have also. Oldest son had a mid term and another huge test this week at Mississippi State--2nd highest grade on both tests. YOU GO BOY!!!! Has just about decided to finish in May instead of graduate in December. This way he will have two degrees--one in marketing and one in real estate. They had a tornado this week right off campus. Thank God I did not know until it was all over. He was at his house and they sent out a code maroon to all students--this means if you are in class stay there; if you are on campus get to a safe shelter, and if you are off campus stay put. No one was hurt, what a blessing!! Daughter had her first real patient in clinical. She really had a great time and apparently did real well. Her mid term grades are good also. Unfortunately over half of her class is on academic probation. Her friends that are in class with her are also doing well, but one is on probation. She has started studying with Carre to hopefully help her understand better. Last, but not least little buddie had straight A's on his report card. I am so proud of all my children!! I have never really had to worry about their grades. Sometimes if they were not good, they would double up and do great the next time.

Wishing all a blessed week and please continue to pray for our troops and there families. Remember all those affected by breast cancer and put them in your prayers also. May God bless ya'll!!!

3 comments:

Scrappy Moments said...

what a Beautiful Card, God Has Truely Blessed You with Such Artistic Ability :)

Angie

Lynn Put said...

Beautiful card, I love the paper piecing on you image and the scalloped edges, great job!

Candace said...

I made my way to your blog and I had to comment on this and the other breast cancer card. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of this stamp set (I ordered it a couple of weeks ago) and these two projects are real inspiration. I can't believe how different they are, but oh so lovely! I'll be keeping an eye on your blog from now on!!