Monday, May 26, 2008

Hope





Today is a day to reflect on our lives and to take honor in the lives of all the sodiers that have defended our country. Freedom is a gift, and one that has cost this world greatly. The lives of men and women that have been lost and are still being lost daily should always be remembered, not just today. These brave, young people are the reason you and I can sleep at night, and have the freedoms that we do. I have been fortunate to not have lost a family member to any war. My grandfather, father, and other family members have fought in wars, but by the grace of God they have all come home. The families of all soldiers should be remembered, because they are rocks. I cannot imagine one of my children being off at war. I am proud to be an American, and proud to be a brother or sister to each and everyone that has made this country proud. GOD BLESS AMERICA AND ALL OUR SOLDIERS AND THEIR FAMILIES!!!


I am planning to cook out this afternoon. Barbeque, potato salad, beans all the bad stuff. Heard this am on the news that an average plate of the above would run about 2000 calories---well, I just cannot go through Memorial Day without a cookout. The big kids are going to the lake with friends. They will be in dark thirty with usually an extra or two. Jack and Simon are going to the pool. They will be back around 5. It will be me ,the cats and dogs home cooking, which is just the way I like it. I hope ya'll enjoy your holiday. Hug your loved ones, and remember those whose loved ones are not here.


The cardstock, designer paper, stamp, ribbon are all from Papertrey Ink. I love there stuff. The saying is from the Hope and Peace stamp set by Stampin Up. Take care and God bless ya'll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: