Thursday, August 16, 2007



This is a card I made today for a friend's 15 y/o nephews birthday. He is really into sports. The cardstock and background paper are from a kit from Paper Posies. The letters are chip board from American Crafts. The basketball suit and embellishments are from Keepsake Essentials. I colored the chip board letters with close to cocoa ink from Close to My Heart. The happy birthday stamp is from Stampin Up.

The week is almost over. Hubby has been home for 2 weeks with no work, but they called him yesterday and he left this morning for a week on the road. He is a land surveyor and works with the Corp of Engineers. Things have been slow lately, but they always are this time of year. All my big kids are off at school visiting friends or getting there houses back in order before they start back on Monday. Just me and little one home for the week-end. We are going to clean out his sisters room and paint it. She has moved into a house around the corner from us that my dad owns. She has been off at college for 2 years, and moved home to go to nursing school. She was so used to living by herself, that I rented this house from my dad for her. We are going to put the little one in her old room because it is larger than his. We have gotten the bedspread and accessories and he told her I said she had 5 days to get all her stuff out so I could start fixing it for him. I never said that!! Anyway, he wants a red room and I cannot go there, so I compromised and am going to paint one wall red and the rest a blue grey. I may put a red pinstripe every 6 inches on the long wall, but I just don't know if it will look right or not. I plan on getting the rest of her stuff out Saturday, and start painting Saturday afternooon. I also plan on working on some scrapbook pages from our trip to Florida. That really seems like a lot, but I sure am going to try. I hope ya'll are well. I have got to go play 3 games of Uno with little one before he goes to bed. (nightly school time ritual) Take care and I will see ya'll tomorrow.

No comments: