Saturday, November 3, 2007

Criss Cross Card 2


What a week!! I have been on call 4 out of 6 days!! Today I never got out of my pajamas. I spent the whole day making cards. This is one I made using the criss cross card pattern. These are really fun. I have seen some cute Christmas cards done this way. This cardstock and background paper are from Chatterbox--Scrapbook Walls Collection. The ribbon is from my stash--it was a scrap. The brads are Frills from Queen and Co. The prima flowers were a RAK from Kristine Reynolds for winning a weekly challenge at Paper Pretties. The fibers are from EK Success and the buttons are from S.E.I.--Winnie's Walls. The sentiment is from CTMH and the image is pmsabella from Stampin Bella. You can't tell from the picture but I put crystal effects on the popcorn.
I have had a great honor given to me this week. I have been asked by Nina Perrin http://purplefaeriepc.blogspot.com/ to be on her challenge team for her new store she plans on launching at the first of the year. I hope I can give her the quality work she wants. This is all new to me and I get kind of dumb sometimes with this online lingo and computer life. I am not a good computer person. I have got to learn all the ins and outs of this stuff. I have not been able to send her back my Bio Sheet because this crazy computer will not let me--probably the operator of this computer is the biggest problem. Anyway, I wanted to share my good news with ya'll.
All the kids are fine and doing well. Hubby is home and doing fine also. All the animals are great--I don't know if I have mentioned them much. I will have to post pics. Hope ya'll had a great Halloween. Little one went to a hayride with friends. I stayed home and did the trick or treaters thing. We have a yearly haunted house down the street from us and I bet we had 200-300 people come by. It was unbelievable!! I ran out of candy, even after I started giving only one piece at a time. I thought if I cut back on the amount I would make it, but that was not true. Simon came home from school and told me he was not wearing a costume, just dressing dark because they were going to roll yards with his friends big brother. I made him wear his camoflauge and go as a hunter. We ditched the Ninja costume I had gotten him. I called the little boys mom and she said she was only going to let them roll one of the big brothers friends yards who knew and said it would be ok. Well, the big brother bailed out on them and when the hayride was over they came to the haunted house down the street. They do this every year, and I pick up Simon at this point. They came running up to my house and told me they did not get to roll, so I took 8 of them to Carre's house around the corner and we rolled her yard. They did a great job, and then the next day Simon and a few of his friends cleaned it up. It was a good Halloween!! Sorry I am a little long winded today, but I have not been on lately so I had to catch up with ya'll. Take care and God bless ya'll.

1 comment:

Niki Estes said...

Your cards are great! I'm sure you will be great on Nina's team!