Wednesday, November 28, 2007

SIYJ-November

Last night was the monthly SIYJ over at Paper Pretties
http://www.paperpretties.net/ This is the first time I have participated in the event and I loved it. You are given a new challenge every hour for 3 hours, and this is my entry for the sketch challenge. It was really fun. The stamp and sentiment are from My Favorite Things--www.mftstamps.com--the card stock and designer paper are from daisyd's. I do not have a scalloped punch of anykind and the challenge called for one, so I took the base off my corner rounder and scalloped the edges of the base of the stamp. I paper pierced the clothes and used some buttons I had from my stash. The other part of the challenge was to have stamped images on the side. I stamped them on CS and cut them out. It was a quicky, but I liked the way it turned out. If I had more time, I would have put some type of thread on the buttons.
This has been a weird week. My mammogram came back abnormal, and I had a breast biopsy Monday. I received the pathology results today and it is ok. It was fibercystic disease. I am really sore today, but I think I will feel better tomorrow. It has really made me think with breast cancer awareness month recently, and I plan on taking better care of myself. I am always telling others how they should take care of themselves and putting myself on the back burner. Not anymore. This gave me a scare. Hope ya'll are well and having a good week. Take care and God bless ya'll. See ya later in the week.

No comments: